Update: Maxon November 2022 Release, New Pyro Feature in Cinema 4D
At today’s Maxon’s 3D Motion Show, Maxon’s Paul Babb gave details about the November 2022 Maxon One update. The highlight is the new Pyro Feature in Cinema 4D. To summarize, Pyro allows artists to generate fire, smoke, and explosions that interact with forces, cloth, and soft bodies. Furthermore, Pyro easily simulates using GPU or CPU. Users can control smoke density, and fire temperature parameters to art-direct the simulation. Of course, Pyro seamlessly integrates with Cinema 4D’s Unified Simulation System, Cloth, and Soft Bodies.
In addition, he and the Maxon team talked about lots of other cool new updates in Maxon One.
- An integrated Redshift Camera and Radial Symmetry for modeling in Cinema 4D.
- Forger expands its professional modeling functions by adding Cinema 4D’s advanced Symmetry capabilities.
- VFX enhances Real Lens Flares with more natural elements, adding Schmutz and Diffraction effects to the optical simulation.
- Trapcode offers an interactive and updated user interface for Particular’s curves and color gradients.
Below, read the press release about the new features.
Maxon One Explodes with Exciting New Features and Workflow Improvements
Advanced Volumetric Simulations in Cinema 4D, Forger Symmetry Modeling, Real Lens Flares, and Trapcode Workflow Improvements Highlight November Release
Bad Homburg, Germany – November 9, 2022 – Maxon, developers of professional software solutions for editors, filmmakers, motion designers, and visual effects artists, today announced several updates to the company’s product line. The November 2022 release features a new blazingly hot feature for Cinema 4D – Pyro. Pyro allows artists to create fire, smoke and explosions – easily simulated using GPU or CPU. Other Cinema 4D features include an integrated Redshift Camera and Radial Symmetry for modeling. Forger expands its professional modeling functions by adding Cinema 4D’s advanced Symmetry capabilities. The latest release of VFX enhances Real Lens Flares with more natural elements, adding Schmutz and Diffraction effects to the optical simulation. And the latest version of Trapcode offers an interactive and updated user interface for Particular’s curves and color gradients.
Cinema 4D 2023.1
Cinema 4D introduces a brand-new feature – Pyro! Turn up the heat and unfold the potential with Pyro to create fire, smoke, and explosions that interact with forces, cloth, and soft bodies.
- Pyro allows artists to emit smoke, fire, and explosions from any Cinema 4D object or spline and quickly simulate the effects on the GPU or CPU. Smoke density, fire temperature, and more parameters can be controlled to art-direct the simulation. Thanks to Pyro’s seamless integration with Cinema 4D’s Unified Simulation System, Cloth and Soft Bodies can be set ablaze and fan the flames.
- Cinema 4D’s new integrated RS Camera makes it even easier to get the perfect shot, thanks to intuitive physical camera controls and Redshift effect settings. A new sensor fit option makes it easy to render with overscan or adapt compositions for various aspect ratios.
- With the new Radial Symmetry, artists can interactively model anything round by defining a number of slices and offset.
- Improvements to the viewport preview of Redshift materials. It now supports animated textures, ramps, and color correction nodes.
- Improved support for procedural polygon selections and vertex maps on generators. It now also includes support for field-based point and edge selections.
Forger continues to bring the comprehensive modeling capabilities of Cinema 4D to iPad with the addition of Symmetry modeling.
- Mirror your models in Forger with symmetry in this new release. Enjoy a modeling experience on the iPad closer than ever to what Cinema 4D offers on the desktop.
The latest version of VFX introduces the first full version of Real Lens Flares. With Schmutz and Diffraction, you can make your lens look grimy. Add rippling effects to each lens flare reflection element.
- The first full launch of Real Lens Flares contains new features and performance improvements. Since our engine has now been field tested since launch, presets and project backward compatibility can be ensured.
- Dozens of new presets as well as base lens prescriptions have been added to Real Lens Flares.
- Schmutz makes a grimy lens sparkle in the light that is reflected off of the glass, letting the user choose from multiple different textures.
- Diffraction happens as light bends around the edge of an aperture, adding a rippling effect in our reflections, while subtly softening the render.
Trapcode 2023.1 offers a completely refreshed and upgraded user interface for the Particular curves and color gradients as well as new emitter block presets for Form behaviors and improved performance.
- Particular’s new curve and color gradient UIs make it easier than ever to control and art direct the look of particles. Strong inspiration was drawn from Cinema 4D so Maxon One users will feel right at home using them.
- Four new Form behavior presets were added to the Designer’s emitter block inside of Particular to speed up the creative process.
- Several improvements have been added to the migration of older projects as well as improved Bounce physics.
- Drastically enhanced interactivity with the Curve Pencil tool allows users to get desired results more quickly while having better control over their curve, thanks to Curve Multi-point selection, improved Curve Point Location controls, and more.
- Users can now save, load, and share their own custom Curve and Gradient presets.
- Redesigned Color Gradients provide a more responsive experience, greater precision, and flexibility in gradient creation.
Maxon continues to deliver valuable Capsule assets that subscribers can use as a creative kickstart. Artists can now easily compose a product shot with the new Backdrop Primitive. A new Square Star Spline and FUI Ring Spline create a variety of crosshair and reticule shapes for FUI graphics.
Cineware for Unreal
An updated Cineware for Unreal integration now supports Cinema 4D 2023.1 and Unreal Engine 5.0.3. Easily import C4D files into Unreal and make changes without leaving the engine environment.
Maxon makes powerful, yet approachable software solutions for content creators working in 2D and 3D design, motion graphics, visual effects, and visualization. Maxon’s innovative product portfolio helps artists supercharge their creative workflows. Our product lines include the award-winning Cinema 4D suite of 3D modeling, simulation, and animation technology; the creativity-on-the-go Forger mobile sculpting app; the diverse Red Giant lineup of revolutionary editing, motion design and filmmaking tools; the leading-edge, blazingly fast Redshift renderer; and ZBrush, the industry-standard digital sculpting and painting solution.
Maxon’s team is comprised of fun, passionate people who believe in building and empowering a successful artistic community. From our popular, inclusive events to our free Cineversity educational resources, Maxon recognizes that developing strong connections with creatives and fostering their professional growth is integral to our ability to stay on top of industry trends and better serve customers.
Maxon is part of the Nemetschek Group.
Get all the Maxon products at one low price.
Maxon One is an annual subscription for all products in one all-encompassing package. To summarize, this bundle includes Cinema 4D, Redshift, ZBrush, and Red Giant Complete.
Easy to learn and extremely powerful, Cinema 4D is the perfect package for all 3D artists who want to achieve breathtaking results fast and hassle-free. Redshift, the world’s first fully GPU-accelerated, biased renderer, meets the specific demands of contemporary high-end production rendering in C4D. ZBrush provides enhancements that affect many areas of your workflow, with a focus on innovative new features that are designed to fuel exploration and inspire creativity. Finally, Red Giant Complete includes Universe, Trapcode Suite, Magic Bullet Suite, and VFX Suite.
Posted by Michele Yamazaki