Speed Editor Stops Working after a DaVinci Resolve update
Some users have experienced issues with their keyboards ceasing to work after updating DaVinci Resolve. The instructions below come from Leo Dsouza on the Blackmagic Forum.
Note: Before you perform the below steps make sure to back up your Database.
- First, uninstall both the Resolve and the Keyboard Panel.
- Download the latest version of Resolve
- Make sure Speed Editor is connected through USB
- Install Resolve and the Keyboard Panel.
- Launch the Resolve application.
- You will see a prompt stating about an update for Speed Editor. Click to update. Do not disconnect Speed Editor from USB while it updates.
- When it finishes, Speed Editor’s lights should turn on.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the Speed Editor.
- Next, you will need to reset your Bluetooth settings.
- If your Speed Editor is still connected through Bluetooth, disconnect. Then reconnect it.
- You should get a prompt asking you whether you want to pair the Speed Editor. Click “Allow”. You should be able to use the Speed Editor on Resolve