Below, some information about Maxon, Red Giant, and Redshift licensing.
This page covers the following:
The Maxon App
Released June 23, 2021, The Maxon App manages the installation, licensing, upgrading, and updating of your Maxon products. This includes Maxon, plus all Red Giant Tools now, including Red Giant Complete, Redshift, and Moves by Maxon, and Forger (which directs you to the iOS app store). It replaces Red Giant Application Manager.
What’s new in the Maxon App?
There’s a new top-right drop-down menu which includes:
- Create Error Log…: Error logs for all apps
- Connect to support: Lets you to start a support ticket
- Account Settings: Goes to MyMaxon account portal
- Open FAQ: Links to the Maxon FAQ
- Reset Configuration: This is often used for troubleshooting, such as when plugins aren’t showing up. Reset Configuration allows you to run a Level One Clean, deletes the database, and allows you to do a fresh install. It is usually the first recommendation support gives for stubborn problems. This fixes 90% of the problems you might encounter in Red Giant Apps.
- Import serial numbers: Bring in any old perpetual RG serial numbers
A few notes:
- Installing and running the new app will take over the old Red Giant Application. You can choose not to use the Red Giant app or uninstall it completely.
- RLM won’t show up in the app yet. The V2 version will include an RLM license that integrates all products. It is scheduled for next year.
- If you are a Red Giant customer that purchased products prior to January 1, 2021, you’ll need to setup a MyMaxon account to use the app. We have included a tool that will allow you to migrate all your serial-based purchases. Once you’ve completed that process it’s recommended that you delete the Red Giant App Manager.
- The Maxon App is built on new licensing technology. Products purchased prior to January 1, 2021, will need to be reinstalled in order for them to be licensed properly.
Red Giant Licensing and Activation
If you are a Red Giant customer that purchased products prior to January 1, 2021, you’ll need to setup a MyMaxon account to use the app. We have included a tool that will allow you to migrate all your serial-based purchases. Once you’ve completed that process it’s recommended that you delete the Red Giant App Manager.
The Maxon App is built on new licensing technology. Products purchased prior to January 1, 2021, will need to be reinstalled in order for them to be licensed properly.
Can older Red Giant licenses be added to a MyMaxon account?
Yes, but products purchased before January 2021 from Toolfarm or Red Giant are not immediately linked to your Maxon account. You may see either of the following:
- Products are unlicensed
- You see watermark on your footage (a big red X)
The Maxon App does not use serial numbers but you can add your serial numbers. Below, read how to fix the issue.
- Launch the Maxon App
- Log in in to your Maxon Account.
- Choose Import Serial Numbers… from the flyout menu. This will open the Serial Registration Tool.
The Serial Registration tool imports your old serial numbers into the Maxon App so to license your products.
When you launch the Serial Registration Tool, you will see two options for importing serials:
- Enter your Red Giant ID and Password and it the tool will pull them from your account. If you bought your licenses through RedGiant.com, this is a good option for you.
- Enter the email address that was used to make purchases at redgiant.com. This email address is also known as your Red Giant ID
- Enter the password for your account
- Click Sign In and Import Licenses
- Manually enter your serial numbers. If you bought your Red Giant and Trapcode tools at Toolfarm, this is the easiest method.
- Launch the Serial Registration Tool through the Maxon App (see above)
- Click Manually Enter a Serial Number
- Enter a valid serial number
- Click Register Product
- Repeat steps 3-4 until you’ve registered all serial numbers
After your serial numbers have been successfully registered, the red X watermarks will disappear. In addition, the Maxon App will either show that you own a perpetual license or a partial license.
Maxon / Red Giant Floating License Overview
An Explanation of Licensing Options for Floating Maxon/ Red Giant Products. When purchasing floating volume licensing, you have a choice of 3 options for license management: Organizational Accounts, RLM Reprise License Management, and Maxon License Server…
How Do I Change my Maxon Email Address?
To change your email address, please log into your My Maxon account and follow the instructions below.
Maxon Organizational Accounts and how to use them
Learn about MyMaxon Organizational Accounts, which allow you to assign Cinema 4D, Redshift, and Red Giant licenses to individual employees or groups of users.