Element 3D: Beyond Basics; Importing Objects & Building Materials, Extruding Masks & Text
Video Copilot Element 3D: 3D Object Based Particle Engine for After Effects
Element is a 3D object based plug-in for Adobe After Effects that allows for the import of C4D and OBJ files into a powerful, robust particle animation system. UV texture support, custom OpenGL render engine, 3D text options, and much more. View all Element 3D Products.
Beyond the Basics:
Everything you need to know to get started!
- Customizing UI
- Adding textures
- Basic texture mapping options
- Using animated custom texture maps
- Material settings overview
- Force Opacity
- Using multiple Groups
- Lighting & Ambient Occlusion
Importing Objects & Building Materials:
C4D tips, OBJ exporting and more!
- Exporting 3D objects for Element 3D
- Exporting from Blender & 3D Max (works with other software too)
- Tips for working with C4D files in Element
- Exporting multiple materials to view in Element
- Rebuilding materials with texture images
- Illumination maps and Occlusion maps
- Advanced Shader design and adjustments
Extruding Masks & Text
Posted by Spencer Knuttila