Adobe After Effects 3D Pre-compose Free Script + tutorial
When you pre-compose 3D aware layers it doesn’t look the same as the original. The particles are messed up because the camera and lights are missing. You have to copy and paste them into the pre-comp which is annoying and time consuming. Our friends at Video Copilot are just as tired of doing this manually as you are, so they created a free script.
“The 3D Pre-Compose Script makes it easy to pre-compose 3D-aware layers by automatically copying all cameras & lights into the new comp with linked expressions! Just watch the tutorial to see all the amazing possibilities! Plus it’s Free!” Click here to view the original post.
3D Pre-Compose will allow you to:
- Create displacement maps out of 3D aware layers
- Isolate 3D layers for different lighting setups in the same scene
- Disable DOF for certain layers
- Lens Flare obscuration maps in 3D: For Element 3d & Particular etc
- Apply 2D effects to a 3D layer in screen space
Posted by Kim Sternisha