In Depth: Fast and Easy Garbage Mattes in After Effects
Here is a very simple technique to create super quick garbage mattes in AE!
Continuing with the series on keying, I decided to make this segment a video segment. All you need is After Effects for this one.
Before you watch the video, here are a couple notes… in other words, stuff I forgot to mention in the video!
- You will still need to use a mask to remove equipment, the edges of your greenscreen or other stuff from your shot.
- This technique should work on most greenscreen footage but if it’s really poorly lit or shot greenscreen, best of luck to you. There are no guarantees!
Other articles in this series on Greenscreen:
- In Depth: Keying: Pre-Processing Greenscreen Footage for Keying
- In Depth: Keying: Introduction & Frequently Asked Questions about Shooting Greenscreen
- Tutorial: Greenscreen Quick Tips
This video was captured with Telestream ScreenFlow.
Posted by Michele Yamazaki