Help! My Trapcode Particular License Won’t Activate Anymore! Here’s THE FIX
If you bought Trapcode Particular v4 and recently reinstalled it from the installer in the original email, you may find that you are no longer able to activate your serial number. What has happened is that you inadvertently installed v5. No worries. Here is how to fix it.
Note: for newer instructions, view our FAQ
With the new Maxon app, some things have changed. While there is still good advice in this article, the Maxon app looks a bit different.
1. First, verify that you have the incorrect version installed. Open the Red Giant Application manager and scroll down to Trapcode Suite.
2. If you have a newer version installed, uninstall Trapcode Suite completely. To do this, click “Uninstall in the upper left corner under Trapcode Suite. Make sure there are NO other instances of it on your machine. Note, your version may look a bit different from the screenshot, below, but it should have the same general information.
3. Go to the Trapcode Suite Updates page and download version 15.1.7 for Mac or 15.1.8 for Windows. These are the last versions with Trapcode v4.
4. Reinstall Trapcode Suite 15.1.7 for Mac or 15.1.8 for Windows and enter your serial number.
5. Restart your host application and you should be up and running again.
Posted by Michele Yamazaki